Macau, also spelled Macao, is, along with Hong Kong, one of the 2 special administrative regions of the People’s Republic of China. It lies on the western side of the Pearl River Delta, bordering Guangdong province to the north and facing the South China Sea to the east and south. The territory’s economy is heavily dependent on gambling and tourism but also includes manufacturing.
Key Corporate Features
- At least 1 Director, whether an individual or a company.
- No restriction on the nationality of the Director.
- At least 1 Shareholder, whether an individual or a company.
- No restriction on the nationality of the Shareholder.
- Share Capital
- Minimum paid-up capital is MOP25,000.
- Standard authorized capital is MOP25,000.
- Tax exemption granted for gains from offshore business.
- Reporting Requirement
- The accounts need to be audited.
- However, there is no requirement to file the company’s annual return.
- Time Taken to Incorporate
- About 12 days