Representative Office is a temporary business facility for you to test out the business prospects in Singapore.
Features of Representative Office
- It should carry the same name as its parent company’s.
- It is only allowed to carry out the following activities:
- Market research
- Feasibility studies
- Promotional and liaison work on behalf of the parent company
- It is not permitted to engage in the following commercial activities:
- Trading or business activities, whether carried out directly or on behalf of its parent company
- Leasing of warehousing facilities
- Leasing of its office to establishments for a fee
- Entering into business contracts
- Issuing an invoice / receipt
- Opening / receiving letters of credit
- Signing of contracts on behalf of its parent company
- Provision of services for a fee
- No statutory obligations to file audited accounts, annual returns or tax returns with the local authorities.
Requirements of setting-up a Representative Office
- One Chief Representative staff member from the parent company has to be relocated to Singapore to oversee the activities of the Representative Office.
- A Representative Office must have a registered office address in Singapore.
- A Representative Office must be 100% owned by the parent company.
Remarks: A foreigner has to hold a valid work pass in order to work in Singapore. We can assist to apply the work pass for the Chief Representative.
For more details on the work pass, please click ? Employment Pass
- Certificate of incorporation of the parent company
- Copy of the parent company’s latest annual report and audited accounts
- Duly endorsed undertaking to abide by the Terms and Conditions governing Representative Offices in Singapore
- Completed application forms
- Application to International Enterprise Singapore for approval (approx. 5 business working days). The registration is valid for one year and subject to an annual renewal.
- Apply for relevant Employment Pass (EP)
- Online Application (7 days)/ Manual Application (5 weeks)
- Upon receipt of the In-principle Approval notification, arrangements will be made for the collection of your Employment Pass.