This pass is applicable to foreigners who are attached to professional, managerial, executive or specialist jobs for practical training purposes.
The following categories of foreigner may be eligible for the Training Employment Pass:
- Undergraduates – The training attachment in Singapore must be part of the undergraduate’s degree programme from an acceptable educational institution.
- Trainees from foreign offices or subsidiaries – Intra-company trainees should hold a degree or a diploma.
Additionally, in order to qualify for the pass, the applicant should:
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of more than S$2,500; and / or
- Possess recognised qualifications.
- A copy of the personal particulars page of applicant’s passport / travel document
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant taken within the last 3 months
- A detailed training programme stating:
- Objective of training
- Type of training
- Location of training
- Duration of training
- A copy of highest educational (degrees or diplomas) / professional / specialist certificate
* If the applicant has not completed the educational course, a letter from the educational institution indicating that the applicant is currently pursuing the said course in the school, should be submitted.
Important: Non-English documents or certificates are required to be translated into English and certified by the respective embassy.
In BudgetAccounts, we submit your application to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) electronically as the processing time is much shorter (between 1 and 7 days), if compared to manual submission, which is about 5 weeks. Subsequently, we will arrange for you to collect the pass upon the MOM’s approval.
Cancellation of Training Employment Pass
The pass must be cancelled upon completion / termination of the training attachment.