Employment Pass is applicable to you if you are a professional, engaged in managerial, executive or specialist jobs, and with the intention to:
- work in Singapore as an employee, OR
- set-up a company in Singapore and work as a salaried Director.
It is the responsibility of the employers to apply for an Employment Pass on behalf of the job applicants.
There are 3 categories of Employment Pass, and the eligibility criteria are outlined below:
Compensating factors in lieu of recognized qualifications
Skills and years of experience (a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience is recommended).
*Recognized qualifications refer to acceptable degrees, professional qualifications or specialist skills.
Passes for Family Members
Employment Pass holder can apply 2 types of passes for his / her family members:
- Dependent’s Pass– Employment Pass holder of whichever category (P1, P2 or Q1) earning a fixed salary of at least $4,000 (wef 1 September 2012) is eligible to apply a Dependent’s Pass for his / her:
- Unmarried or legally adopted children who are below 21 years of age
- Long Term Visit Pass – Only Employment Pass holder of category P1 and P2 is eligible to apply a Long Term Visit Pass for his / her:
- Common-law spouse
- Unmarried daughters who are above 21 years of age
- Handicapped children who are above 21 years of age
- Step-children who are under 21 years of age
- Parents (only P1 Pass holders)
- A copy of the personal particulars page of applicant’s passport / travel document
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant taken within the last 3 months
- A detailed resume / curriculum vitae
- A copy of highest educational (degrees or diplomas) / professional / specialist certificate
Important: Non-English documents or certificates are required to be translated into English and certified by the respective embassy.
- Online Application (7 days)/ Manual Application (5 weeks)
- Upon receipt of the In-principle Approval letter, valid for six months from the date of the letter, arrangements will be made for the collection of your EP.
In BudgetAccounts, we submit your application to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) electronically as the processing time is much shorter (between 1 and 7 days), if compared to manual submission, which is about 5 weeks. Subsequently, we will arrange for you to collect the pass upon the MOM’s approval.
Validity of Employment Pass
Upon successful of the application, the pass will be valid for 1 or 2 years.
Rejection and Appeal of Employment Pass Application
In the event that your application is rejected by the MOM, we will find out the reason of it being rejected, and appeal the application for you. The MOM will take at least 3 weeks to process an appeal depend on the complexity of the case.
Cancellation of Employment Pass
The Employment Pass must be cancelled in the following situation:
- Cessation / termination of employment
- Attainment of Singapore Permanent Residence
- Missing of the Employment Pass holder
Renewal of Employment Pass
The Employment Pass can be renewed within 6 months prior to its expiry. The MOM will post the renewal form to the employer 2 months before the pass expires, if the pass has not been renewed.