S Pass is applicable to you who possesses mid-level skill and wishes to work in Singapore. It is the responsibility of the employers to apply for an S Pass on behalf of the job applicants.
The applicant will be assessed based on a “Points System”, whereby he / she is required to meet multiple criteria, namely:
- A minimum fixed monthly salary of S$2,000;
- Educational qualifications, such as a degree, a diploma or technical certificates;
- Type of job that the applicant will be engaged, for examples, professional, specialist or technician);
- Years of relevant work experience.
The requirement to purchase and maintain medical insurance is a Condition of an S Pass. For medical insurance policies taken up or renewed on/or after 1 January 2010, the insurance coverage must be at least $15,000 per year for each worker’s inpatient care and day surgery during his/her stay in Singapore.
Passes for Family Members
S Pass holder can apply Dependant’s Pass for his / her family members as follows, if his / her fixed monthly salary is more than S$4,000:
- Unmarried or legally adopted children who are below 21 years of age
The number of S Pass holder that a Singapore company can employ is capped at 20% of its total workforce.
- A copy of the personal particulars page of applicant’s passport / travel document
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant taken within the last 3 months
- A detailed resume / curriculum vitae
- A copy of highest educational (degrees or diplomas) / professional / specialist certificate
- The latest business profile / instant information of the employing company
- Copy of the employing company’s CPF contribution statements for the past 3 months
Important: Non-English documents or certificates are required to be translated into English and certified by the respective embassy.
- Online Application (7 days)/ Manual Application (5 weeks)
- Upon receipt of the In-principle Approval notification, valid for six months from the date of the letter, arrangements will be made for the collection of your S Pass.
In BudgetAccounts, we submit your application to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) electronically as the processing time is much shorter (between 1 and 7 days), if compared to manual submission, which is about 5 weeks. Subsequently, we will arrange for you to collect the pass upon the MOM’s approval.
Validity of S Pass
Upon successful of the application, the pass will be valid for 1 or 2 years.
Rejection and Appeal of S Pass Application
In the event that your application is rejected by the MOM, we will find out the reason of it being rejected, and appeal the application for you. The MOM will take at least 3 weeks to process an appeal depend on the complexity of the case.
Cancellation of S Pass
The S Pass must be cancelled in the following situation:
- Cessation / termination of employment
- Attainment of Singapore Permanent Residence
- Missing of the S Pass holder
Renewal of S Pass
The S Pass can be renewed within 6 months prior to its expiry. The MOM will post the renewal form to the employer 2 months before the pass expires, if the pass has not been renewed.