A Branch Office is a legal extension of the parent company, which is allowed to engage in the business and activities performed by its parent company.
Features of Branch Office
- It should carry the same name as its parent company’s, unless the name exists in Singapore or the authorities deem it as indecent.
- It is only allowed to engage in the activities performed by its parent company.
- It is not a separate legal entity from its parent company, hence the parent company has direct control on the business activities and is fully liable for the liabilities of the Branch Office.
- From the tax point of view, it is a non-tax resident in Singapore, hence it is not eligible for tax incentives.
- The parent company has to submit its audited accounts to the local authority as compliance.
Requirements of setting-up a Branch Office
- A Branch Office must appoint 2 agents to represent it in its dealings with the local authorities.
- An agent may be an individual or a company; and he / she / it has to be an ordinarily resident in Singapore.
- A Branch Office must have a registered office address in Singapore.
- A Branch Office must be 100% owned by the parent company.
You may appoint BudgetAccounts as your agent, please click Nominee Agent Service to find out more.
*Note: All non-English documents are required to be officially translated into English.
- Certificate of incorporation of the foreign company
- Memorandum & Articles of Association of the foreign company
- Particulars of the directors of the foreign company
- A memorandum of appointment and details of at least two persons resident in Singapore who will act as the agents for the Singapore branch office
- A memorandum executed by or on behalf of the foreign company stating the powers of the local agents
- Registered business address in Singapore
- Completed application forms
*Note: ACRA does not allow foreign companies to self-register.
- Incorporation of a Branch
- Application for Entity Name (Branch name must be identical to the Parent Company)
- Registration of the business
- Without relocation of staff: – Appoint a Singapore resident director for the incorporation of the company, in accordance with the Singapore Companies Act (through the engaging of our nominee services or otherwise)
- With relocation of staff – Apply for relevant Employment Pass (EP)
- Online Application (7 days)/ Manual Application (5 weeks)
- Upon receipt of the In-principle Approval notification, arrangements will be made for the collection of your Employment Pass.