Employment Pass FAQs
You will be eligible for application if:
- You work in a professional, managerial, executive or specialist job
- You are a locally incorporated Singapore company and need to hire foreign employees
- You have an employment offer from a prospective Singapore employer. In this case, you will need the company to apply the employment pass application on your behalf
To be considered for an Employment Pass, you must have a fixed monthly salary of at least S$2,500 and possess the following:
- Recognized educational qualifications
- Professional qualifications such as skills and years of experience
Depending upon your salary, education and experience declared, you will be issued with one of the following types of passes
- P1: fixed salary of > S$7,000 a month.
- P2: fixed salary of > S$3,500 and < S$7,000 a month.
- Q1: fixed salary of > S$2,500 and < S$3,500 a month.
Each application is evaluated on an individual basis and not every application gets approved. However, there are a few factors that generally carry more weight in an application:
- Applicant age, salary, citizenship, education, professional experience and skills
- Roles & responsibility of applicant
- Repute of the company and paid up capital
- Availability of local staff and economic viability of the company to Singapore
Should your application get rejected, we will follow up with MOM to see what the issue was and, if the circumstances are deemed fit, file an appeal for reconsideration of your application.
There are no limits on the number of employment pass applications.
Employment pass holders do not have to contribute to any social Security, i.e. Central provident fund (commonly know as “CPF” which is only applicable to Singaporeans and permanent residence). However, the employer (company) is required to contribute a fee to the skill development fund. SDL contribution is payable by employers for all employees up to the first $4,500 of gross monthly remuneration** at the rate of 0.25% or $2, whichever is higher.