Matters to consider before setting-up a business in Singapore:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will not issue a work visa to a foreigner who wishes to register and run a sole-proprietorship or a partnership in Singapore; which is to say, the only option available is to incorporate a private limited company. (Please click this link for the requirements ? Private Limited Company.)
- You must not be an un-discharged bankrupt; or else you must obtain permission from High Court or Official Assignee.
- You must not be convicted of offenses involving fraud or dishonesty.
- Whether you will be relocated to Singapore for running the company’s operations.
If you are relocating to Singapore:
You must incorporate a company and apply for a work pass, and there are 2 types of work pass available to you, namely:
For more information on which pass is best suited your needs, please click this ? Employment Pass VS Entrepreneur Pass
If you are NOT relocating to Singapore:
You have to appoint a Singapore Citizen / Singapore Permanent Resident / person who is an ordinarily resident in Singapore, to be the Director of your company.
If you have any family member or friend residing in Singapore, he / she can be appointed as the company’s Director; or alternatively, you can engage our Nominee Director Service.
- Details of resident/non-resident shareholders and directors:
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of Address (e.g. bank statement, recent utility bill)
- Copy of Employment Pass/ Dependant Pass and Copy of passport if available
- Bank Reference Letter
- Business details of corporate shareholders:
- Registration/incorporation details of the corporate shareholder
- Copy of passport identification page of a representative of the corporate shareholder
- Ensure that a Singapore resident director has been nominated (through the engaging of our nominee services or otherwise)
- Incorporation of company by engaging the services of a professional firm to file the application online
- Application for Entity Name (subject to availability and approval by ACRA required)
- Registration of the business