This pass is applicable to foreigners who will be working in Singapore on short term assignments that fall into certain activity categories. The maximum period of stay is 60 days.
The qualifying activity categories are:
- A foreigner who is involved in activities directly related to the organisation or conduct of any seminar, conference, workshop, gathering or talk concerning any religion, race or community, cause, or political end;
- A foreign religious worker giving talks relating directly or indirectly to any religion; and
- A foreign journalist, reporter or an accompanying crew member not supported or sponsored by any Singapore Government agency to cover an event or write a story in Singapore.
- A copy of the personal particulars page of applicant’s passport / travel document
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant taken within the last 3 months
- The latest business profile / instant information of the engaging company
- A synopsis of the talk if the applicant is:
- involved in activities directly related to the organisation or conduct of any seminar, conference, workshop, gathering or talk concerning any religion, race or community, cause, or political end; or
- giving talks relating directly or indirectly to any religion.
- Manual Application (3 weeks): Submit the completed Miscellaneous Work Pass Application Form and supporting documents in person at any SingPost post office (MOM-appointed collecting agent).
- Upon receipt of the In-principle Approval notification, valid for six months from the date of the letter, arrangements will be made for the collection of your Miscellaneous Work Pass.
It will take about 3 weeks for the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to process the application. Processing time may be longer should additional information be required from other economic agencies to assess the application.
Validity of Miscellaneous Work Pass
A maximum of 60 days.