Belize (formerly British Honduras) is a constitutional monarchy, and the northernmost Central American nation. Belize has a diverse society, comprising many cultures and languages. Belize is the only country in Central America where English is the official language. Belize is bordered to the north by Mexico, south and west by Guatemala, and to the east by the Caribbean Sea. Belize’s mainland is about 180 miles long and 68 miles wide. With 22,960 km2 (8,867 square miles) of land and a population of only 333,200 people, Belize possesses the lowest population density in Central America, and the fourth lowest in the Americas after Canada, Guyana, and Suriname.
Key Corporate Features
- At least 1 Director, whether an individual or a company.
- No restriction on the nationality of the Director.
- At least 1 Shareholder, whether an individual or a company.
- No restriction on the nationality of the Shareholder.
- Share Capital
- No minimum paid-up capital is required.
- Standard authorized capital is USD50,000.
- No tax is payable to Belize authorities on the company’s worldwide profits.
- Belize is not a party to any double tax treaties.
- Reporting Requirement
- There is no requirement to file audited accounts and annual return with the authorities.
- Time Taken to Incorporate
- About 4 days